Sunday, May 8, 2016

43) Seems that we are not going to go back to you all but forward to you all.--Sept. 29, 1944

APO 920 = Base H, Biak, Dutch New Guinea- Schouten Islands
Mokmer Airstrip


8:00 PM Sept. 29th 44

Dearest,


Your letter of Sept 7th really did make me feel wonderfully happy. It's thoughts like those that make me want to hurry home so we can be together. We really have so much to look forward to. Do you realize how may things there will be that we haven’t even discussed before? The things we must see together & the places we must go together. Really, just thinking about these things and about you makes the time seem to zip by. I think about lots of things and you seem to be somewhere ahead not behind. Seems that we are not going to go back to you all but forward to you all. Maybe you will understand. Anyway I hope we can get it over with fast.

Sometimes as you say I am almost afraid to plan for the future. I fully agree with you that we shouldn’t think of ourselves individually but only what will be best for us. Don’t think that a day goes by that I don’t think of something we will be able to do when we start living our life. We will really have to get together and figure out just what we both want.

I haven’t received any mail except 2 letters for the last few days. Sure do hope to get some more of your wonderful letters tomorrow. I hope! I hope!

Darling I had something sent to you from Australia. I will let it be a surprise. I didn’t pick it out myself but I am sure the boy who sent it picked out a nice one. Let me know when you get it.

We have been real busy lately so I haven’t had a chance to work on the picture frame at all. Hope I can finish it.

Sitting here all alone and if I put the pen down for a moment I would fall asleep. So very tired tonite, maybe I’ll dream lots, I hope.

There isn’t any music tonite. I guess the fellow who plays the records had gone to the show. Sure do wish I could come driving up to your house about now (8:15) and we could go to a late show. Maybe I am dreaming already. Nice dream anyway don’t you think.

Well I guess I will sign off now. I have a long list of things to do tomorrow. Lots of running around and worries to keep shoes on the boys’ feet & clothes on them. Supply work is interesting but you never get finished trying to get stuff.

Darling I really love you from the bottom of my heart. Please believe in what I say and remember to have faith in me. I know we will make a wonderful pair when I get back.

Yours till that day all of us can be together once again. I love you every moment of every hour of every day.

Jack

Tell the two vacationists in your family I said hello and tell Ann to write me all about Florida.
Goodnite honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment