Friday, June 17, 2016

60) I really live for your wonderful letters.-- Dec. 12th, 1944

Tacloban, Cancaboto Bay, Leyte, Philippines
APO 72 Leyte, Philippines


Philippine Islands
12/12/44, 10:15 P.M.
Dearest,


I just received your letters of Nov. 18 and Oct. 25th. I really don’t know what kept that Oct 25th one so long. I received Anne’s letter a long time ago. Guess it is too late to send back the cards now. I know you did a good job of choosing presents for all the family. I hope you all have a very nice Xmas. I wanted to send Xmas cards but the only things that were available were those U mail kind and they had pictures of flag’s, eagles, drums & stuff like that. That kind of stuff doesn’t have any thing to do with Xmas in my way of thinking.

I know you must be really busy what with the sorority activities and your studies. I hope you enjoy school as much now as when you first started. Sounds like lots of fun. I sure would like to sit next to you in some of your classes. Maybe you would do my homework for me.

Darling I keep wanting to see you more every day. Seems like the more I think about it the worse it gets. I really live for your wonderful letters. If anything can build up my morale it’s a couple of those letters from you. Please! Keep on just the way your going. I love it.

We have a swell tent now. It is up off the ground about 3 feet and has a nice wood floor and sides to keep out the rain. Boy! Does it rain up here. I never saw anything like it in my life. It is hotter here than it was right on the equator. Our camp is pretty cool because it’s in a coconut grove.

Well darling that is about all I can think of. I wish I could be with you tonite and every nite. I know that we will be together in not so very many months if everything works out.

Goodnite sweetheart and pleasant dreams.

I love you with all my heart.

Yours,
Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment