Monday, September 5, 2016

86) " Your sweet letters mean everything "--- April 4th, 1945


APO 70-- Lingayen Airfield, Luzon, Philippines


4th April 45
Darling,


I haven’t gotten any mail since I wrote last time. There hasn’t been much coming in lately so I guess I will get them all in a bunch. (as per usual.) How has everything been going with you since you passed into the new term? Are you studying the same subjects as before?

FLASH!

Wait a minute! I just received a nice letter from you. It was dated Mar 16. I had almost given up hope of hearing from you today. That makes it all o.k. when I hear from you. Your sweet letters mean everything & I do mean everything.

We have been having a real quiet time up here. Our Enlistedmen’s Club is really swell.

Darling I understand how busy you must be. As my grandfather used to say going to school is the hardest work you’ll ever do. As far as not being able to write often. Well your letters are so sweet that I really don’t realize your not being able to write. I won’t ever say anything about your not writing, as long as I know you’re waiting for me and love me just a little more than you say.

I really can’t think of much to write these days. I know going to school must be lots of fun. Especially with all those sailors. Ha! Ha! Honey, I’m only kiddin.

Guess that’s about all for now.

I love you more & more as time goes by. Please believe in me.

Jack

Love to your Mom & Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment