Monday, September 5, 2016

88) Busy busy Betty….. --- April 20, 1945


From Betty (Louisville, KY)

April 20, 1945
Friday afternoon
Dearest,


How do you like this stationary. My sorority mother gave it to me for initiation. She also gave me a barrette with the Pi Phi crest on it.

I’m over at the house now. It’s about 1:45 and I have one more class at 2:30—softball. I have been studying in the library every afternoon and I’m tired of it.

Time out for a game of bridge. More latter

Well, I’ve played bridge, gone to softball, messed around and now I’m sitting out on the campus waiting for someone. It’s a beautiful Spring day. I’ll finish later.

Saturday night
I stayed out at school ‘til late last night. I went to a U.S.O. show for the sailors. It wasn’t very good.

I went to school this morning. Got home about 1:30, took a bath, dressed and went to the Service Club. I met two 5th Air Force Corpsmen, but neither one was in the 49th. They left their outfits on Leyte. Both of them were awfully nice. I talked to one of them a long time.

I got home from there about 6:45. Anne had gone over to a friend’s house for dinner and to spend the night. Mother and I had dinner and she went to bed. I did the dishes and then washed my hair. Mother has been cleaning house today and she’s worn out.

She wouldn’t let me go out tonight because I have a test on “Anna Karenina” Tuesday and I have about half of it (500 pages or so) yet to read. I don’t think I’ll have a chance to finish it. Better get started. Bye now. Be good. Miss you.

All my love,
Betty

P.S. We’re having mid-term exams. You know what that means. Not much time for writing. They’ll be over next week, so that won’t be bad.



NOTE: 
  • The stationary has the Greek letters Pi Beta Phi embossed in red on the corner of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment